Pedal and Play in Paradise is a bicycle tour through historic Punta Gorda, and although it's about having fun, it also supports the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS) and TEAM Punta Gorda's Bicycle Friendly Community Initiatives. There is something for everyone—the casual bike rider, more serious cyclists, mystery lovers, families, and folks who just want to tour our beautiful city and learn about its past and future.
All events begin and end at Laishley Park Pavilions on picturesque Charlotte Harbor, 100 Nesbit Street in historic Punta Gorda, Florida. See Maps page for details. There are several parking venues throughout Punta Gorda, but we request that you not park all day in the Laishley Marina/Crabhouse parking lot as this will preclude customer access to these businesses.
Register for Friday-night-only for $20!
Registration packet includes beer sampling tickets for local establishments. All Friday events are free when you register for any of the Saturday bike tours.
- City Manager's "Here and There" Tour
- Lighted Ride to Ponce de Leon Park
- Sunset Yoga in the Park
- Wine and Cheese Tasting
Saturday Bicycle Tours
- 62-Mile "Metric Century" Tour
- 30-Mile Tour
- 15-Mile Tour
- Mystery Ride 😯
All Saturday rides feature breakfast, ride support, snacks and drinks, lunch, bathroom facilities, and phone numbers in case of an emergency. Rest stops will be open until noon. Return to Laishley Park for a delicious box lunch (vegetarian or non-vegetarian) and FREE BEER. All is included with your ride registration.
Final route maps and other details will be e-mailed to registrants early. Maps and cue sheets will be sent in PDF format and also in two types of GPS files--one is for use with the RideByGPS app for smartphones and the second is for use with your bike GPS unit. On event day, paper maps and cue sheets will be provided.
Those registering by March 20, 2016 will receive a free cotton Pedal and Play T-shirt in their chosen size and gender. A supply of free cotton T-shirts may be on hand for those registering later or at the event, but availability, gender, and sizes cannot be guaranteed. For just $22, you can upgrade from a free cotton T-shirt to a cool moisture wicking fabric T-shirt.
Other Saturday Events
- While most will pedal, EVERYONE is welcome to play!
- Kids Zone. The Kids Zone will include a Bike Rodeo, a snack, and information and more on bike safety. While in the Kids Zone, all children must be accompanied by a parent or a guardian at least 18 years old.
- Lunch Only. If you just want to come and eat while enjoying the lively atmosphere and entertainment, you can register for Lunch ONLY. Choose from a vegetarian or non-vegetarian box lunch.