The Boca Grande Historical Society and Museum is embarking on an expanded program of speakers, field trips, special events, publications, tours of Boca Grande, History Bytes, new exhibits and community outreach.
In addition, the Museum/Archival Committee is working to establish the most comprehensive archival collection of historical photographs, architectural drawings, artifacts, and oral histories relating to Gasparilla Island and its surrounding region. The Museum/Archival Committee plans on increasing accessibility to these materials by cataloging and cross-referencing them to encourage research by residents and visitors. As we strive to implement our mission and goals we are in need of community volunteers.
History happens here, get involved!
A great way to share your passion for history and education is to become a Boca Grande Historical Society volunteer. Current needs:
- Grant Writer
- Audio Visual Tech
- Assist with oral histories
- Office Assistance
- Archival and Collections Assistants
- Past Perfect Software Tech
- Contribute Boca Grande photographs and artifacts
- Web Designer and ongoing web assistance
- Volunteer Recognition at Events
- Gain knowledge about Boca Grande
- Meet and work with a diverse group of people
Stop by the BGHS TODAY and sign up or attend an Informational Meeting, Nov. 17, 10:00–11:00 am.