PUNTA GORDA/ENGLEWOOD BEACH, Fla. (January 23, 2019) – Located in Southwest Florida, halfway between Fort Myers and Sarasota, the gulf coast community of Punta Gorda/Englewood Beach has captured the eye of many national travel publications throughout 2018. With features giving the area titles including, “Most Affordable Winter Vacations in the U.S.” and “Trendiest U.S. Spring Break Destinations,” it is no surprise that Charlotte County’s tourist development tax collections have reached a record high during red tide.
While there were many amazing features, here are a list of the top ten Charlotte County publicity mentions of 2018:
- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution: A Southwest Florida Town that Really Runs on Sunshine
- Brit + Co.: The Trendiest US Spring Break Destinations for 2018
- Business Insider: 20 hidden beaches around the world that locals don't even know about
- Money Inc.: Palm Island Resort is the Ultimate Combination of Adventure and Leisure
- The Odyssey: Top 11 Instagram Worthy Spots In The Punta Gorda/Englewood Area
- Orbitz: 7 secluded Florida islands... and how to access them
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: Here Comes the Sun: America’s First Solar Town has a Pittsburgh Connection
- Travel + Leisure: The Most Affordable Winter Vacations in the U.S.
- Travel Channel: Florida’s 4 Finest Wineries
- Vacation Idea: Four Best Punta Gorda Beaches
We also were lucky enough to host a handful of impressive social media influencers, including:
- Andrew Lovesey
- Danielle Finestone
- Drew Binsky
- Forrest Mankins
- Maca Atencio
- Soheila Hakimi
- Vernon Chang
The Punta Gorda/Englewood Beach Visitor and Convention Bureau has been thrilled with the national media coverage generated in 2018. The tourism bureau looks forward to an even stronger 2019 and wants to thank the amazing destination partners who helped make this happen!
# # #
ABOUT PUNTA GORDA / ENGLEWOOD BEACH
Located halfway between Tampa and Naples on the Southwest Florida Gulf Coast, Punta Gorda /Englewood Beach is a charming collection of nine coastal communities surrounding the state’s second largest harbor. Florida’s premier year-round eco-tourism destination, the area offers a pristine unspoiled beauty. In 2014, Port Charlotte was named the top “U.S. Best Value Destination” by Trivago (the world’s largest online hotel search site), and the Charlotte Sports Park, spring training home of the Tampa Bay Rays, was voted “Best Spring Training Facility” by readers of USA TODAY. A haven for outdoor enthusiasts, Punta Gorda / Englewood Beach has been named one of SAIL magazine’s “10 Greatest Places to Sail in the United States,” ranked by Golf Digest as “Third Best Place to Live and Play Golf in America,” and rated by MONEY magazine as one of the “Best Places to Live in the South.” Englewood was named second of the Top Ten emerging travel destinations in the U.S. by TripAdvisor.com. The area is served by five airports: The Punta Gorda Airport (PGD) with private and charter air service, Sarasota Bradenton International Airport (SRQ), Southwest Florida International Airport, Ft. Myers, (RSW), St. Petersburg-Clearwater International Airport (PIE) and Tampa International Airport (TPA). For more information on visiting Punta Gorda / Englewood Beach visit http://PureFlorida.com or call1-800-652-6090.