Charlotte Harbor & the Gulf Islands, which includes the Punta Gorda, Port Charlotte, and Englewood areas, has emerged as a premier sporting event destination. In addition to serving as the Spring Training home of the Tampa Bay Rays, as well as home to their minor league affiliate, the Charlotte Stone Crabs, our destination has also successfully hosted numerous other sporting events on the state, national, and international level. Click here for a sampling of annual and recently hosted events.
Complimentary Visitor & Convention Bureau Services
The Charlotte Harbor Visitor & Convention Bureau is committed to the recruitment and development of youth, amateur, collegiate, interscholastic, and professional sports events, tournaments, conventions and championships. In a short period of time, national governing bodies and rights holders have quickly learned that Charlotte Harbor & the Gulf Islands is committed and capable of hosting a multitude of successful events.
To assist you with your event, the Charlotte Harbor Visitor & Convention Bureau will:
- Consult with you to discuss logistical feasibility of event, financial assistance that may be available, and any potential conflicts.
- Find sports facilities that suit your needs.
- Contact accommodations for rates and room blocks, and provide you with a variety of options and detailed information on each property.
- Assist with event coordination.
- Contact local, regional and national media through a public relations plan designed specifically for your event.
- Provide vendor referrals and/or work with you to identify local businesses that may be interested in sponsoring your event.
Hey Florida Residents, Help Support Youth Sports
The Florida Sports Foundation and each of Florida's nine professional sports teams encourage you to purchase the specialty sports tag of your choice. Proceeds from the $25 purchase directly support each designated youth charity and the development of major and regional sports events throughout Florida. Click here to learn more.