Saturday & Sunday, March 21-22
10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Rotary Club of Placida, in partnership with the Fishery Restaurant, is holding its Annual 2010 Placida Rotary Seafood Festival on Saturday, March 21 & Sunday, March 22, along the water’s edge, just behind the scenic FISHERY RESTAURANT, a special slice of —old Florida” in historic Placida, Florida. This fun, family event is located in west Charlotte County: 20 miles south of Venice and 10 miles west of Port
- Something for everyone: The Placida Sea Food Festival is old Florida style family fun at its best: featuring an outstanding variety of delicious fresh seafood offerings, like Fishery gumbo, spicy fish & shrimp, smoked mullet, plus hot food & cold beverages.
- A children’s favorite: The Placida Rotary Club will be sponsoring truly native Placida grown, Blue crab – —Crab Races”,
plus colorful clowns with —face painting” for the kids.
- Shopping Bargains: Folks will love the unique local area crafts, sculpture, colorful artwork, nautical antiques, nautical collectibles, sun glasses, fossils, fun casual clothing, deck shoes and colorful accessories, all at bargain prices, plus Margaret Albritton’s Art Gallery and colorful hard-to-find gifts, The Cove Gift Shop, and a variety of local artists.
- Boaters: Don’t miss the great selection of new quality, trailer-able, fishing and top-of-the-line Boston Whaler & Sea Ray pleasure boats from Marine Max at special —show” prices.
- Admission: Only $3.00/Adult & FREE to all Children under 12. No Dogs - Permitted.
- Parking: $2.00/car and near by, in the field across the street from the Fishery on CR 775.
The Placida Rotary Club is a non-profit organization of community business leaders dedicated to providing help, when needed: Like Hurricane Charley (Placida & Port Charlotte), Playground Equipment (Englewood YMCA), as well as funds to permanently eradicate polio: world-wide. In the past 8 years, The Placida Rotary is proud to have donated more than $250,000 to assist many deserving community children, students, and families in the Englewood-Cape Haze area.